Thursday, June 02, 2005

Names and choices

In my family it is highly desirable to nname people “in honor of” someone. That someone has to have had passed away, although it does semm ok to name more than one child in the extended family the same way. Thus, two brothers could, theoretically, name their children after their grandfather.

As I am faced with deciding the name of my next child, due sometime today, I am faced with a problem. Names I have had picked out and agreed on with A. have been met without enthusiasm and even some hostility by others. Obviously, it is still our child and our choice, but we do not particularly wish to upset the grandparents...

What kind of soulful posting would this be if I provided closure. No closure for you,dear reader.

Sent wirelessly via BlackBerry from T-Mobile.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home