Thursday, November 04, 2004

Time-Shifting communications

A friend writes:

'time-shifted' communication:

found this story interesting. I've gotten bad at checking my voicemail
since getting hooked on the blackberry. And the blackberry is only
good for short messages -- anything else gets pushed off.



I thought the money line was this:

...generational chasm creates a huge problem for many companies
because they could end up with a situation where half their employees
are leaving messages for the other half who never listen to them.


So true. Of course, this is not the only thing bumbling around in the generation gap, but certainly one of the minor but very visible manifestations thereof.

For the record -- I rarely, if ever, use voicemail in the office, and almost as rarely for personal reasons. If everyone had blackberry-level devices in my personal life I would dispense with voicemail altogether.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home