Saturday, June 19, 2004

Fighting for election

Fighting for election


Without discussing the merits and demerits of the proposal itself, I just have to wonder whether Kerry really wants to keep his speechwriters around. Arguing for an increase in the minimum Federal wage, Kerry says:

"If a president can go out and fight for four years to provide over a trillion in tax cuts to the wealthiest people in America, we can fight for a few months to raise the minimum wage for the poorest people in America,"


Does this mean he is only going to fight for the proposal until he is elected? Does not this statement make Bush sound a lot more persistent and reaffirm Kerry's reputation for straddling issues and fluttering from position to position?


I know I am nitpicking, but I did not go out to find a bad Kerry quote - this is just something that jumped out at me from the article features on the google news site. If I can randomly scan a Kerry quote and fine something like this almost every time - is it any wonder most voters are ambivalent about him as a candidate?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home