Monday, December 08, 2003

Fortune.com

Excellent article on Costco vs. Wal-Mart.


from Fortune via EHH - COSTCO -
The Only Company Wal-Mart Fears


Just a couple of days ago I was speaking with EHH about Costco, and now he sends me this excellent article. It pretty clearly articulates what I have been noticing as a customer for some time now - Costco does not have the best prices on everything, but it has convinced enough of its members that it does. It understands that people do not care as much what paper towels to get, but like the fresh-baked bread and fresh-cut meat at great prices. In return these members are paying almost regular prices for upscale items that you would not ordinarily buy at a price club warehouse discounter. Myself, I rarely leave the store without a $150-200 charge on my credit card.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home