Friday, June 06, 2003

For a second I thought it was an Onion headline -- Ridge Concerned About Terror Alert Scheme Credibility (washingtonpost.com)
Alas, it is WaPo. I just cannot help myself with quoting this article farther,
But as the intelligence related to potential terror attacks becomes more detailed, Ridge expects to have more specific information that will give the government flexibility in predicting the target of a potential terror attack.
I know that Deborah Charles (the writer) does not mean to say that once the government learns to predict targets of terror attacks they will use this newfound power to appropriately color code the threat level... The word "potential" [terror attacks] kinda gave the true intent away. Still, I would not be surprised...
ps. I tried to translate a relevant, and oddly prescient, song but failed. If anyone cares its text can be found here

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home